Olev Scheme and Government Grants
There is plenty of support for homes and businesses that have decided to install an EV charge point or two. With cars moving ever more quickly towards being fully electric, the majority of properties in the future will no doubt have their own points.
To encourage take up, the Government has a number of grant schemes available. That means you can get money off your initial installation.
OLEV Home Charging Point Grant
What is it?
- Also known as the Electric Vehicle Home-Charge Scheme or EVHS, it will contribute a maximum of £500 towards the installation of your charge point.
- You can claim for each eligible vehicle up to a maximum two charging points for each household.
- You need to have parking off the street, such as a driveway or garage.
- You also need to have the device installed by an approved installer.
Eco Energy handle the paperwork and claim this for you when you hire our team to do the installation.
I haven’t got a driveway. What can I do?
There is also an OLEV grant for on-street residential charging points but you need to work with your local council to get this installed. The maximum grant is £7,500 and much will depend on the demand on in your area for installation.
OLEV Workplace Charging Scheme
What is it?
- Similar to the home scheme, this is for commercial properties and provides up to £500 for each socket installed.
- You can claim for a maximum of 20 stations with a single socket or 10 stations with a double socket.
How do I qualify?
- Again, you need to have off-street parking such as a garage or parking area.
- You don’t have to list your EVs but you do have to make a business case for the installation.
The charging points must be installed by an OLEV agreed company.
At Eco Energy we can work with you to make sure you get the maximum grant due for the installation you want to undertake.
If you have an electric car and need a charging point installed at home, it couldn’t be simpler. Ask the Eco Energy team to assess your location and get the hi-tech charging solution your property needs today.Find out more
Businesses of all types are rushing to install EV charging points on or near their premises. Not only do they help attract more customers and increase footfall but they help build an impressive sustainability rating for your business.Find out more
Whether you have a fleet of electric vehicles or simply want to provide visitors and staff with some value added extra, installing a charger in the workplace makes a lot of sense. Smart reporting options allow you to set tariffs and define access.Find out more
Ready to go green? Get in touch to book your installation today.
Grants and Schemes
Rolec provide the widest selection of EV charging options in Europe, devices that are compatible with all the leading car manufacturers on the market today. Our experienced and professional team is committed to high levels of service, delivering tailored solutions for both homeowners and businesses.Find out more